CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Aliens vs. Predator Extinction
















The main reason why I bought this game was that I was a big fan of the Alien vs. Predator franchise. Even though I like Alien better, I had high expectations for this game. In the end though the game did not cover my expectations.
First of all the problem I had with this game was it's bird's eye camera view. I don't really care for this camera angle. I would much prefer third person view for this type of game. AVP Extinction looks a lot like an old war computer game. This game is for the PS2, it should have took on the aspects of better graphics and a better camera angle.
Besides the camera angle problem, this game can be quite fun at parts. I really like being the Alien race, going around, making eggs, hatching them, making more Alien, killing Humans and Predators. It's pretty cool.
As you progress through the game the levels get harder. Which becomes a problem because it gives you challenges that are pretty hard to accomplish. Another disappointing factor is that AVP Extinction is like only 6 levels long, but a pretty difficult 6 levels, even if you put it on easy.
In the end AVP Extinction could have turned out better than what it actually is, through all of it's flaws, it still can be a fun game to play.

Rating: 3/5 Stars

0 comments: